A Resource for All Hospital Specialty Pharmacists and Administrators: It's been four months since the lock-down began and care for patients with chronic illnesses is still evolving. In our fourth 30-minute information sharing session with hospital specialty pharmacies, we were delighted to welcome Darren Lowe, Director of Contracting from Shields, who summarized the most pressing issues regarding payor access for health systems across the country. The full video and slides are available by clicking on the links below. Join us for our next information-sharing session by requesting an invitation! Email email@example.com with any pressing questions or needs for your Hospital Specialty Pharmacy. All hospitals and health systems are invited to ask questions, participate and view regardless of affiliation with Shields.
Some key points from our third information sharing session (6-12-20):
- Patients are returning to clinics - May appears to be a significant improvement over April
- Specialty Pharmacy revenue remains strong - Unclear how to budget visit volumes for next 12 months
- Deferral of care impact remains a question - Just how sick will our patients become?
- Payer impact - With over 36M unemployed and COBRA coverage starting to wane, self pay and Medicaid anticipated to take a huge swing
- The HRSA/340B announcement - Having an impact on enrollments
- PBMs are rolling back some changes - Slowly reverting back to pre-COVID policies and more
Click on these links for:
Interested in a weekly Public Policy news digest, national and local? Email "Policy" to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy.
Will a weekly COVID-19 news digest help you navigate your specialty pharmacy ? Email "COVID-19" to email@example.com.
Sign up for Care Corner blog notifications and you will receive information from our next information sharing session as it is posted.